I’ve made pear chocolate muffins before, but here is a different and somewhat healthier version with less fat and sugar. It is mainly sweetened with fruit.
- 3/4 cup teff flour
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk (optional, for fibre)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (optional, for fibre)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (you should be fine skipping this too)
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 40g of 70% chocolate, chopped
- 300 ml pear juice/nectar
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut or other vegetable oil (the coconut oil must be melted)
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup
Mix all the dry ingredients well and mix in chopped pear and chocolate.
In a blender, mix all the wet ingredients well, including the banana.
Add wet to dry and combine.
Bake for 22-25 minutes at 350F.