This is a case of working with what I had in the kitchen…
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat meal whizzed in the food processor to form a coarse flour (I didn’t have oat bran — this turned out great though)
- 1/3 cup sugar (I only had white, but I am sure brown would be better)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- pinch of curry powder (adjust spices to taste)
- 2/3 cup finely grated carrot (I use the grating attachment on the food processor)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water, or 3/4 cup water plus 1/4 soy milk
Mix the dry ingredients well. Ad grated carrots. Stir in the wet ingredients. Put in small-ish muffin baking cups/muffin pan and bake at 19oC/375F for about 20 minutes, until golden. Check with a pin or knife of whatever if they are baked all the way through.
These turned out really tasty and lovely, with a delicate crumb. And they feel quite healthy and full of fiber!